click here: /broken
DevOps and Website development can be a daunting and sometimes fragile business. That is where best practices come into play. So when it came time to #redesign serundeputy.io I decided to take advantage of some of the best practices that Backdrop and Web Development at large have to offer.
- Lando ~ Lando is a free, open source and cross-platform local development environment tool built on Docker container technology. It is the successor project to Kalabox.
- Backdrop CMS Configuration Management ~ Manage site configuration in code.
- SASS ~ For quite sometime I've been slumming it with straight css here on serundeputy.io. So this was a welcome improvement.
- Gulp ~ Solid task management to compile and watch my SASS files!
- Composer ~ You heard right; composer with Backdrop! Pull in, manage, and use PHP code from the wild with composer!